CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

THE PAINTING LEAVES OF FALL (poem)

THE PAINTING LEAVES OF FALL

"Fall is here!"
proclaimed the trees -
by displaying changing-coloured leaves.


Above the houses, row on row -
between the branches, I behold;

such golden-yellow leaves;
oranges and reds too, if you please!

Imagine much, to my delight,
to hold such splendour,
in my sight!

With open eyes, I have now seen -
the painting sky -
and now,
The Painting Leaves!


Rains of fall are ever-present,
to wash the earth,
before winter is sent.

So, imagine if you can -
as I sit here and I write -
the whole sky, is painting white,
but with a dash and a splash of grey;
beneath such a sky, in full display.

As raindrops slowly fall,
I watch nature's miracle, call -
By beckoning the changing of leaves,
to announce that winter is near;
and I reach for my lap-blanket, and shudder
with un-ease;


from the thought of
six-months of winter-freeze!


So I place the blanket
across and down my knees,
and watch the ever-changing
painting leaves.

DDS, 10-04-2002


------------

NOTE: this poem is not to be copied or used without written letter of permission from the author; otherwise legal action may be taken. All copyright remains with the author: DDS/North

0 comments: